Wednesday, January 10, 2007


It is 10pm and there is about 5 inches of snow on the ground. Just a little while ago, I opened the back door and Lucy ran outside to explore the snow. I grabbed my camera and snapped this picture of Lucy sitting in the snow.

So yesterday the sheetrock was started in the garage. I got home late and I was surprised to see that they were still working at 6:00pm. I had to leave at 7pm and they were still working. I heard they finished up around 8pm. They worked late as we were worried about the coming snow storm. Additionally, Rob worked inside and got the shower patched up and prepped for tiling.

Today I left for work and there was only a trace of snow on the ground but the commute wasn't affected in any way. I got to work and the ground was clear of any snow. It was cold, but nothing out of the ordinary.

What a difference 10 hours makes. I left the office at 5:30pm and it was dark and snowing. I had to get to 'Tails of the City - Doggie Day Care' before 6pm and started to worry that the snow would be an issue. As I got closer to the Georgetown area the snow was getting heavier and heavier. I got the dogs at 5:50pm and started the trek home. But coming up the hill to West Seattle I noticed about 7 cars on the side of the road and 4 cars sliding back and forth up the hill. Luckily I have all-wheel drive and was able to find a way back up to our street. NOTE: it took 45 minutes to go 4 and a half miles.

Travis from Ideal Building was still at the house and was sweeping up in the garage. They finsihed sheetrocking the garage today and it is looking great. Next up is getting the new garage and garage door opener ordered and installed. Travis gave up trying to get his car down our steep hill, and since he only lives a few blocks from here he left it parked and walked home.

This picture here is the shower with a few tiles ducked taped to the backer board. Rob and Travis were working on a 'random' pattern to match the floor. It's a start and they hope to lay the rest of tile tomorrow (weather permitting). I turned around and noticed that they also installed the rock knobs for our vanity, so I took a picture of the vanity along with the now working sinks!! Don't mind all the dust, it is from all the work they did patching the ceiling where the new fan goes. I was too lazy to clean it up for a picture - so here it is... as is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home