Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Once again, the dogs got to spend the day at 'Tails of the City' while work continued inside and outside the house. When I called Gary at 4:30pm to see how everything was going, he told me that the concrete had YET to arrive. It was supposed to be here earlier but were delayed. I felt bad as some of the guys from Ideal Building had been on the job since 8am this morning and I am thinking it might be a late night.

I picked up the dogs and when I got home, the pump truck was in the driveway and they were just waiting for the concrete to arrive. So I brought the dogs down the driveway and into the house where they had finished working for the day. The first thing I noticed was that the dry bar was out and that they had hung plastic sheeting over the kitchen entrance.

What I didn't expect was that not only had they removed the microwave and the pantry wall - they tore everything down to the studs. The ceiling in the kitchen was removed and all the piping, insulation and duct work was exposed. I never thought it would be stripped to that point. I assumed all the sheet rock would stay up and the new cabinets would be installed from there.

But due to the need to move plumbing and readjust the positions of lighting etc, they went all the way to the studs. In fact, they have already framed the new window and will cut the rest out once we are ready to install the new window that faces East and up the driveway.








Back outside, the concrete arrived and Bill, Travis and Rob got to work pouring the concrete into the forms for the garage. After a few clogs in the line, they got done as night crept upon us.

Once the concrete and pump truck were gone, Ideal Building started the clean up. One of MANY pluses about Ideal Building is that they never leave for the day before cleaning up. They also take the time to spray off the driveway, clean up the debris and put stuff away before heading home for the day. I continue to be VERY impressed with their work ethic.

Everyone is now gone and I snapped one more picture of the kitchen from the living room with Lucy in the foreground. The plastic sheeting separates the kitchen from the TV room and Gary, the dogs and I are still trying to get used to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home