Saturday, January 13, 2007

*** While this is our blog for the remodel - the amount of snow that has fallen has prevented any work happening since Wednesday - so today's post is about the SNOW itself. ***

While many people like to sing "Let It Snow" around the holidays or this time of year... I am singing 'Enough is Enough'!! As I mentioned in my last post, we got over 5 inches of snow here in West Seattle. Thursday morning arrived to find that I wasn't able to leave the house as there was too much snow to me to get to work safely. So instead, I worked from home and tried to shovel our driveway.

I took a walk up the street to take a picture of 37th Avenue SW from the top of the hill looking down. This was before a bunch of people tried driving down it or sledding down and turning the entire street into a sheet of ICE (more later).

This is probably the most snow that I have seen here in Seattle in the 10 and a half years that I have lived here. But atleast our house still looks really cool in the snow!

The dogs are enjoying playing in the snow and we went downstairs into the backyard to take pictures. Lucy really enjoys running in the snow as her little butt wags like crazy when she is out there. Many times when I let her out to play she will come back covered in snow.

Abbey on the other hand really enjoys running in the snow, or more like HOPPING through the snow. But unlike Lucy, Abbey gets over being in the snow pretty quickly and I will find her waiting by the door to go back inside.

This morning was like any other Saturday. Gary headed to the gym while I tried to keep the house clean from all the construction. While I am vacuuming I heard to dogs barking and realized that someone was at the door. It was one of our neighbors and he was here to tell me that someone in a minivan slid down the street and into my car (which was parked on the street again).

I walked up the driveway to find the person still in her car and very apologetic. While she kept her foot on the brake and her parking brake on, I got into my car and moved it away and partially into the driveway. It was then I was able to examine the damage and found that she bounced off my car not once but twice before stopping against my front passenger side fender.

As I mentioned earlier, the street is just a sheet of ice and sure enough her minivan played pinball with my car. My passenger side mirror was ripped off and then there are three scrapes all against the side of my car. Ugh!!

Finally, although the snow makes for some beautiful scenary - I am really wishing for the sun to return and melt all this snow away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home