Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Ideal Building was here to tear out the old fireplace on Monday and by the time I got home from work, this is what it looked like. The canvas tarp on the floor contains all the old marble and the fireplace insert. Seeing the room torn up like this took me back for a moment to when we first started the remodel of the kitchen. Even though it is just the fireplace, I was thinking back to when I came home to find the whole kitchen gutted.

Anyway, on Tuesday I woke up feeling very sick, so I called into work and stayed home. I managed to take the dogs to day care, but collapsed when I got home. Over the course of the day Rob worked to frame up the new fireplace and I slept through most of it - thankfully!!

Originally I planned to work from home on Wednesday as both our Comcast Digital and BOSE system were being installed. But being sick - I stayed home because I am still sick. Comcast arrived first and set up the cable box and less than five minutes after Studio AVE arrived to do the BOSE install. 3 and a half laters, everything was hooked up. It's hard to get a good picture of the system - so this is the best that I could do.

Tomorrow, Ideal Building will be back to install the new fireplace insert. And then next week the log mantle and rock go up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home