Wednesday, November 01, 2006

November has arrived and we are about 1/3 of our way into this remodel project. Over the next three weeks the framing for the garage will go up, painting the kitchen and TV Room and the hardwoods will be redone. Then just before Thanksgiving, our cabinets for the kitchen will be installed. And in the first week of December the counter will be measured and then cut for the granite we picked out.

But today, more taping was done in the kitchen along with mud and sanding to get it ready for texture later this week. And I guess this blog has a little more power than I originally thought (bwah ha ha ha!!!). Robert from Ideal Building must have read the blog posting from yesterday and saw my mention about the patch falling off in the laundry room. And sure enough, this morning Rob (not to be confused with Rob...ert) was here and fixed it all up (even though they were not responsible -- the electricians were). To the right, I tried to recreate the photo from yesterday.

Additional work continued outside and when I came home tonight, I noticed that Travis had worked today to rip off the roof overhang on the eastside of the existing garage to prepare for the framing and attaching of the new garage. It was a little dark when I got home, but I was able to snap off this shot.

We also heard today that when Travis was removing the portion of the roof on the garage, he discovered carpenter ants! Ugh! We don't know how bad it is or how we are going to deal with it. Yet another project it seems.

Anyway, I think the framing on the garage will start tomorrow - so I am excited to see that go up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home